A lot of the work that used to be done by humans has been taken over by machines. This continues to be true in the world of writing, where many tasks can be handled more efficiently by AI-powered software.
There are already a good number of artificial intelligence writing software programs on the market, and more are still in development. As a business owner, it is important to stay ahead of the curve and invest in AI writing tools that will help you increase productivity.
So, which ones should you choose? You’re about to discover some of the best AI writing software tools available now online. These programs have been selected based on their ability to help you write high-quality content quickly and easily.
Read also: How to Use AI Writing Tools
Disclaimer: Because the site is reader-supported, we may earn a commission if you use our affiliate links.
What is the Best AI Writing Tool?
The best AI writing tool to use for your business depends on your needs. Maybe you need a tool for writing blog content, marketing copy, or both. It could also be that you’re looking for a tool that helps you with SEO or can enhance the quality of your content.
That’s why I’ve broken this AI writing software buying guide into a few categories that I’ll list below:
- General AI writing tools
- AI copywriting tools
- AI SEO writing tools
- Other advanced writing assistants
If you like, just jump to the category of your choice from above to choose the best AI writer for your own individual or business purposes.
General AI Writing Tools
These are the software tools that can handle different types of content, including blog content and marketing copy.
(Best in General)
Jasper.ai, previously known as Conversion.ai and Jarvis.ai, is an AI content generator that helps you create all kinds of content, including blog posts, social media posts, product descriptions, and even email subject lines. This AI writing assistant produces original and creative content for use in establishing your online presence.
You simply type in a keyword or phrase related to what you want to write about, and Jasper will come up with ideas to start your article. It’s an excellent tool for those times when you’re feeling stuck or uninspired.
Jasper is also great for quickly churning out a lot of content. If you need to produce a large volume of content in a short period of time, Jasper can help you get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Here’s the full Jasper review.
Features of Jasper
- Long-form content writing assistant: Jasper Boss Mode can help generate thousands of words for your blog post within a shorter time.
- Automatic content generation: Hit the “Compose” button on the editor and Jasper will write high-quality content for you in minutes based on the title, content description, voice tone, and keywords you provide.
- Access to plagiarism checker: You can scan your content to ensure it’s original and protect your brand’s authenticity online.
- Works with Grammarly: This AI writing assistant allows you to use Grammarly to check for grammar mistakes.
- Wide variety of templates: Pick powerful email, SEO, ad, and more templates for growing your business.
Jasper offers three plans.
- Creator: $49/month and suits beginners
- Teams: $125/month and is designed for bloggers and content marketing teams
- Business: Custom plan and price for established brands
(Best for Long-Form Content)
Maybe you need an AI writing assistant that can write longer SEO articles in a few minutes. If so, Writesonic may be the tool you need.
Writesonic can help you write 1,500-word blog posts even in 15 seconds. Besides blog posts, you can use this AI writing software to create descriptions of products, landing pages, and ad posts.
In other words, it’s suitable for writers, e-commerce stores, entrepreneurs, and marketing teams. It’s available as an extension for Chrome to improve your content on various text editors online.
Features of Writesonic
- AI blog writing
- Unique duplication-free content
- Text expander
- Copy generator for descriptions, pages, and more
Writesonic offers a free trial plan and a couple of paid subscription options.
- Free Trial: $0/month
- Unlimited: Starts at $20/month
- Business: Starts at $19/month
- Enterprise: Custom packages starting at $1,000/month
(Best for Content Writing)
Rytr, another great AI writing assistant tool, can help you create high-quality content in a fraction of the usual time. You can use this software to write articles and even copy such as YouTube descriptions, Facebook ads, and Instagram posts in minutes. You get a chance to save money on expensive content writers and copywriters online.
This AI program can suit those who are not native English speakers as it supports multiple languages. Rytr can help you improve your grammar and spelling so that your writing sounds more natural.
Features of Rytr
- 30+ use cases and templates to choose from
- 30+ languages to write your content in
- 20+ tones of voice for your text
- Scientific copywriting formulas to help in conversions
There are 3 options.
- Free plan: $0/month and allows generating 5,000 characters monthly
- Saver plan: $9/month and allows generating 50,000 characters monthly
- Unlimited plan: $29/month and includes unlimited character generation
4. AI Writer
(Best for Full-Length Articles)
AI Writer is a content generation tool that specializes in creating high-quality articles. It uses artificial intelligence to help you research and write your posts faster and easier.
With AI Writer, you simply enter a headline, and the software will come up with ideas and suggestions to help you get started. You can also use the AI assistant to help you edit and improve your existing content.
This AI writing software is a great choice for those who need help generating ideas or structuring their thoughts into interesting and meaningful articles. It’s also a good option if you’re looking for a tool to help you boost your writing skills.
Features of AI Writer
- Save time researching and writing
- Reword texts
- Accurate content with verifiable citations
- New sub-topic discovery
AI Writer Pricing
You can choose either of these three AI Writer plans.
- Basic plan: $29/month for up to 40 articles
- Standard plan: $59/month for up to 150 articles
- Power plan: $375/month for 1,000 articles
Best AI Copywriting Tools
Some AI tools are best suited for writing marketing copy. This means that they can craft compelling sales messages for your site or social media pages. Check the full list of AI copywriting tools.
(Best for Copywriting)
Copy.ai is among the best AI writing software for copywriting. It’s a great tool for those who want to write effective and persuasive copy for their website, blog, or social media pages.
This program is also useful if you need help writing product descriptions or creating ad copy. You get a copy much faster that receives better engagement and converts well. This AI content generator can also create optimized blog posts quickly. You can use Copy.ai on the Web or as a Chrome extension.
Features of Copy.ai
- Write content in over 25 languages
- Sentence rewriting
- Generate blog titles, headlines, and email subject lines
You can either choose the free or pro plan of Copy.ai.
- Free: $0/month and comes with 10 credits
- Pro: $35/month (billed yearly) or 49/month (billed monthly) and has unlimited credits and projects
(Best for Marketing Teams)
Copysmith.ai is a great AI writing tool for marketing teams, e-commerce businesses, and enterprises that need help creating high-quality, engaging content. Some things you can write include product descriptions, ads, and other content pieces.
Copysmith.ai incorporates SEO in all the generated website copy to ensure that they can rank on Google. You get a chance to convert Internet users into repeat customers.
You can also scale up your e-commerce business using the available writing templates. Plus, the AI writing tool has a Chrome extension that enables you to write from anywhere online.
Here’s the full Copysmith review.
Features of Copysmith.ai
- Integrations like Google Ads, MS Word, and Google Chrome
- Bulk product descriptions
- Bulk generation of content
- Product campaign building
- Team collaboration capabilities
There are three options to choose from as a Copysmith.ai user.
- Starter: $19/month for up to 20,000 words
- Professional: $59/month for up to 80,000 words
- Start Up: Starts at $299/month for unlimited words
(Best for Short-Form Content)
Copymatic is a great AI content-writing software if you need to save hours when writing short-form content. It’s suitable for SEO and can be used to generate catchy titles, summaries, and meta descriptions in minutes.
Copymatic can also turn your short description into 1,000 words of an article. You’re free to play with settings like tones and creativity level to get a piece of writing that fits your reader. You don’t have to worry about the quality of your content because it has advanced AI capabilities and natural language processing to ensure it’s unique and readable.
Also, the document Copymatic creates is free of plagiarism. The tool supports a wide range of languages, including English, Spanish, French, German, and Hindi. Besides text, Copymatic can also help you come up with images to insert into your content.
Features of Copymatic
- 50+ tools for various types of writing
- Sentence rewriter
- Copy optimization for conversions
- Image generation
Copymatic offers a Pro option that starts from $9 a month for 15,000 words and Enterprise, the custom plan for personalized needs.
Top AI SEO Writing Tools
These are the AI-powered writing tools that focus on search engine optimization. In other words, they’re great for writing optimized blog content and copy that has the right keywords and can rank well. Check the full list of AI SEO writing tools.
8. Surfer SEO
(Best for SEO Writing)
Another useful online writing assistant to use is Surfer SEO. It’s an AI-powered program that helps you write top-notch and SEO-friendly content.
This program is great for bloggers, content marketers, and business owners who want to ensure their content is well-optimized to rank on search engines, especially Google.
It’s useful if you want to appear on the first page of Google search results for specific keywords. Surfer SEO can be used as a web app or as a Chrome extension.
Read also: Best AI SEO Software
Features of Surfer SEO
- Keyword research: This writing software program helps you find the right keywords to use in your content.
- SEO writing: Surfer SEO will help you write good content for search engine ranking.
- Content analysis: This tool analyzes your content and compares it to the top-ranking pages on Google. It then provides suggestions on how to improve your content so it can rank better.
- Works with Jasper.ai: Now you’ll have two powerful business tools to create great content that reaches more search engine users.
Surfer SEO Pricing
The plans of Surfer SEO are as follows.
- Essential: $89/month
- Advanced: $179/month
- Max: $299/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
(Best for Blogging)
GrowthBar is a fantastic AI writing tool for blogging, website pages, and other content needs. It comes with a unique AI assistant that can help you write better in less time. It’s a tool trusted by thousands of bloggers and marketers working with brands like Minted, Monday.com, and Postmates.
What makes GrowthBar interesting is its ability to generate all aspects of a blog post in simple clicks. You can quickly create optimized titles, intros, and headers. You also get to use the software’s keyword suggestions for your blog posts or articles quickly.
So, besides the actual writing, you’re able to have the tool perform keyword research for you and write a post that aligns with good SEO practices. You get access to keyword difficult scores and can track the words and phrases your site ranks for on Google. If you have a team, you don’t have to worry since GrowthBar allows you to invite your writers and editors to collaborate.
Features of GrowthBar
- AI-assisted writing suggestions
- Keywords research and tracking
- Access to billions of keywords
- Real-time content analysis for search optimization
GrowthBar has a free trial for 5 days and three pricing plans available for users.
- Standard: $48/month for 25 content outlines, 500 paragraph generations, and 25 keywords to track on 1 site
- Pro: $99/month for 100 content outlines, 2,000 paragraph generations, and 1,000 keywords to track on 3 sites
- Agency: $199/month for 300 content outlines, 5,000 paragraph generations, and 5,000 keywords to track on 25 sites
(Best for Blog Introductions)
Frase is an AI writing software that can help you with your content needs in blogging. It aims to help business owners give a personalized and human-like experience to their customers through AI technology.
Frase is a great choice for those who want to spend less time on their content creation. You can generate short articles, intros, blog post title ideas, and more.
With Frase, you can create high-quality and engaging content faster than usual. The software also comes with a built-in SEO research tool to help you optimize your content for search engines.
Features of Frase
- AI content optimized for search engines
- Engaging blog titles, introductions, and meta descriptions
- Paragraph rewriting
- Slogan generation
- Google’s People Also Ask exploration
- Solo: $14.99/month
- Basic: $44.99/month
- Team: $114.99/month
(Best for Content Optimization)
If you need AI writing software that can help you optimize your content, INK may interest you. It can be useful in increasing traffic to your website without a lot of SEO knowledge.
INK analyzes your website’s content and provides recommendations on how to improve it. The software also has a plagiarism checker to ensure your content is original.
Features of INK
- AI writer for creating longer content like blogs and essays
- SEO optimization for better search engine ranking
- Copy assistant to help you write unique text quickly
- A content planner that groups keywords together that belong in a specific article
You’re free to use INK for free to access basic features like 5,000 words, 100 keywords, and 3 articles per month. INK Suite is the paid option starting at $50/month that allows you to get the pro versions of features like AI writer, copy assistant, and SEO optimizer.
Other Advanced Writing Assistants
Below are some of the top writing assistant software that you can use for your writing needs to improve quality and structure. Check the full list of writing assistants.
(Best for Grammar Check)
You may be wondering if Grammarly is really an AI writing tool. The thing is, Grammarly doesn’t write for you but rather serves as a well-known advanced writing software program for your grammar and spelling checks. What it does is simply improve your writing style and make sure your content is clear and concise.
Grammarly is a great tool for those who want to make sure their content is error-free. It’s also helpful for those who want to improve their writing skills.
Grammarly can be used as a plugin for your web browser or as a standalone app. It’s available for Windows and Mac and even has mobile app versions.
Features of Grammarly
- Grammar checking: This AI writing software program will check your grammar and spelling to ensure your content has no errors.
- Plagiarism checker: You can use Grammarly to ensure your content is original.
- Writing style suggestions: This program will offer suggestions on how to improve your writing style.
Grammarly has both free and premium plans. There are monthly, quarterly, and annual subscriptions.
- Free: $0/month and offers basic writing suggestions
- Individual plans: $12/month (billed annually), $20/month (billed quarterly), $30/month (billed monthly) with premium writing features and works well for beginner online business owners
- Business: $15/month/member with a minimum of 3 members and suits teams, organizations, and enterprises
(Best for Professional Writing and Editing)
ProWritingAid is another highly capable writing assistant like Grammarly that helps you improve your writing skills. It offers over 20 writing reports to help you edit and revise your content.
This program is great for those who want to take their writing skills to the next level as well as those who need help editing their content.
It works well for authors, editors, students, and professionals, among others. ProWritingAid can be used as a web editor, an extension for a web browser like Chrome, or a desktop app for Mac and Windows.
Features of ProWritingAid
- 20+ reports: This program offers a variety of reports to help you edit and revise your content. These include grammar, sticky sentences, overused words, readability, structure, and more.
- Suggestion boxes: Hover over highlighted words to check recommended improvements.
- Plagiarism checker: ProWritingAid ensures your content is free of plagiarism.
ProWritingAid has both free and premium pricing options for users. The premium plans come at a discount if you pay annually.
- Free: Has a limit of 500 words at a time
- Premium: $30/month, $120/year, and $399 for a lifetime with all features unlocked, over 20 reports, and unlimited word count
(Best for Rewriting)
Another AI content writer among the best ones is Wordtune. It is a great tool to help you rewrite your content and make it convey the message in an improved manner.
With Wordtune, you can also improve the readability of your writing by making sure that all the sentences are short and easy to understand. It can also translate various languages, including Spanish, Arabic, and Mandarin into English.
This AI writing software focuses on areas beyond grammar and spelling. Wordtune will help you put your thoughts into words for people to read.
You can choose to use the Wordtune editor site or use the browser extensions. The second option is great because you can use Wordtune in almost all places you write online.
Features of Wordtune
- Text rephrasing
- Smart synonyms
- Shortening or expanding text length
- Casual and formal tones
- Team billing
You can use the Wordtune AI content generator for free or use the premium options.
- Free: $0
- Plus: $24.99/mo
- Unlimited: $37.50/mo
- Business: Custom price
(Best for Writing Suggestions)
HyperWrite is a great AI writing assistant that can help you get suggestions for your content. The tool can help you complete sentences and original paragraphs and thus enhance your writing’s grammar and style.
You can use it to write emails, documents, online articles, or any other type of written work with more accuracy. HyperWrite has an AI algorithm that finds and fixes errors in your writing.
It can also suggest synonyms, create topics and outlines for you, and even punctuate sentences with the click of a button. It includes features like grammar correction, spell-checker, and more to improve any text you write.
Features of HyperWrite
- AI editing assistant
- Grammar and punctuation correction
- Style improvement
- Works on all websites and apps with its browser extension
HyperWrite has two options, Free at $0 for 5 generations and 5 rewrites monthly and Premium at $19.99 a month for unlimited generations and rewrites.
Best AI Writing Tools Comparison Table
|1. Jasper.ai||4.8 out of 5.0 stars||$29||Best in General||General AI Writing Tools|
|2. Writesonic||4.8 out of 5.0 stars||$0||Best for Long-Form Content|
|3. Rytr||4.6 out of 5.0 stars||$0||Best for Content Writing|
|4. AI Writer||4.6 out of 5.0 stars||$29||Best for Full-Length Articles|
|5. Copy.ai||4.8 out of 5.0 stars||$0||Best for Copywriting||AI Copywriting Tools|
|6. Copysmith.ai||4.4 out of 5.0 stars||$19||Best for Marketing Teams|
|7. Copymatic||4.0 out of 5.0 stars||$9||Best for Short-Form Content|
|8. Surfer SEO||4.8 out of 5.0 stars||$89||Best for SEO Writing||AI SEO Writing Tools|
|9. GrowthBar||4.6 out of 5.0 stars||$14.99||Best for Blogging|
|10. Frase||4.4 out of 5.0 stars||$14.99||Best for Blog Introductions|
|11. INK||4.2 out of 5.0 stars||$0||Best for Content Optimization|
|12. Grammarly||4.8 out of 5.0 stars||$0||Best for Grammar Check||Other Advanced Writing Assistants|
|13. ProWritingAid||4.8 out of 5.0 stars||$0||Best for Professional Writing and Editing|
|14. Wordtune||4.6 out of 5.0 stars||$0||Best for Rewriting|
|15. HyperWrite||4.0 out of 5.0 stars||$0||Best for Writing Suggestions|
How Do AI Writing Tools Work?
AI writing tools work by utilizing advanced natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning algorithms. Here is a simplified explanation of how AI writing tools function:
- Training: AI writing tools are trained on vast amounts of text data from various sources, including books, articles, websites, and more. This training data helps the AI model learn patterns, grammar, sentence structure, and other linguistic elements that humans have developed over the years.
- Language understanding: When you input some text prompt or query, the AI analyzes and understands the context and intent behind it. It breaks down the input into meaningful units, such as words, phrases, and sentences.
- Text generation: Based on your input, the AI tool generates a response or output using the learned patterns and relationships from the training data. It’s able to create useful content, answer questions, provide suggestions, or engage in conversation with you.
- Fine-tuning and feedback: AI writing tools continuously improve through a process of fine-tuning. Your interactions and feedback can refine the model’s performance over time. Developers incorporate user feedback in updates and enhancements to the AI model to boost accuracy and reliability.
Is AI Writing Free?
But you have to know that you may be limited as a free user. Also, don’t use just any free tool you come across online since some of them are of poor quality.
Most popular and free AI writing tools also have paid versions for more advanced features. The reason is that they also need to monetize the work they really put a lot of effort into creating. This way, the owners and developers can make the tool even better for you as a user and you get to enjoy customer support or technical assistance anytime you need it.
Moreover, you can also enjoy free trials on the paid plans of numerous AI writers. Some examples are Jasper and Writesonic. This way, you get a taste of what the premium features are like before subscribing.
Is There an AI Tool to Write Anything?
Yes, you can find an AI writing software assistant that can craft a variety of writings. Whether you need blog articles, landing pages, product descriptions, or anything else, there are all-in-one AI writers for that. Jasper is one example of a great general AI writing tool.
All you need to do is select the most appropriate template and begin writing. You’ll find a variety of use cases to choose from in your account dashboard.
Also, a tool like Jasper has the Jasper Chat feature which makes things even easier. You just type in a command (like “write for me…”) followed by what you need, e.g. song lyrics, a poem, or a video script, and it’s created for you!
With the best AI writing software, you can create high-quality content for your blog or website quickly. You don’t have to spend hours writing anymore. This means less staring into your computer and using the time to work on other areas of your online business or side hustle.
Choose the right tool according to your needs and budget and start creating better content today. Let us know in the comments if you know other great AI writing tools!