12 Best Digital Business Card Apps of 2023
Business cards are still good for networking and generating leads, with 27 million being printed daily even in this new media age. However, you probably know how printing and carrying around physical cards can be a hassle. This is why many individuals, teams, and businesses are turning to digital business cards.
Not only are they more convenient, but they also make you look more professional. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a photographer, realtor, or something else.
If you’re looking for the best digital business card apps and solutions for iPhone or Android, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll learn about each of their features, pricing, and other details to make a proper decision. I’ll even share a few examples of these virtual business cards for inspiration.
Also, I’ve covered more about digital business cards in the following additional resources:
- What Are Digital Business Cards
- How to Create a Digital Business Card
- Interesting Statistics about Digital Business Cards
Disclaimer: Because the site is reader supported, we may earn a commission if you use our affiliate links.
(Best for QR Code on Business Card)
You can make a unique digital business card on Beaconstac that has a classy QR code for easy sharing.
(Best for Team Digital Business Cards)
Popl is among the top apps to create digital business cards for teams that also offer NFC products.
(Best for Custom Digital Business Cards)
Maybe you’re looking to create a custom card that you can even print. Canva is the app you need for that.
What Is a Digital Business Card?
The definition of a digital business card is that it’s an electronic version of the good old physical business card made of paper. It usually consists of all the same information that you would put on a physical card, such as your name, company name, contact information, and logo.
However, these digital alternatives can also include other interactive features such as viewable media and links to social media profiles or websites. The cards are usually stored, managed, and shared virtually via mobile apps, email, or instant messaging. You can also have an actual QR code or NFC-embedded card for physical interactions.
What Is the Best Digital Business Card?
Below are my picks for the top digital business cards for individuals and businesses that you need to check out.
(Best for QR Code on Business Cards)
Beaconstac is a comprehensive professional digital business card solution for small businesses and large organizations. Trusted by companies like Amazon, Nestle, and Marriott, it lets you create a customized and interactive digital card with your contact information, social profiles, and more.
Here’s a quick view of my Beaconstac digital business card:
You can also embed links to products or services. Best of all, Beaconstac can be integrated with existing CRM systems so that customer data can be stored in one place.
Besides a business card, Beaconstac can do even more for your business. The platform allows you to create QR codes for PDF files, URLs, apps, and landing pages. It allows you to have QR codes on digital as well as physical business cards that customers can instantly scan to get your contact details.
Beaconstac digital business card is editable, meaning you can change the information anytime with ease. Also, the card is trackable and can be shared via Google or Apple Wallet. No app is needed by the recipient as everything opens in a browser.
- Customizable digital business cards
- Dynamic QR codes
- Integrates with 5,000+ CRM and HR tools
- Bulk card management
- Scan data analysis
Beaconstac has a free trial that enables new users to create digital business cards and track analytics for 14 days at no cost. The plans are listed below.
- Starter ($8/month billed annually): This plan suits individuals just starting out with little QR code and business card needs. It allows for 1 digital business card.
- Lite ($15/month billed annually): Lite is best for micro teams, consisting of 2 to 4 people. This plan allows up to 50 digital business cards.
- Pro ($49/month billed annually): Pro is Beaconstac’s popular option that suits small teams of 10 people or so and allows for up to 250 digital business cards.
- Plus ($99/month billed annually): The Plus plan is good for mid-size teams of 50 to 250 people.
- Enterprise (Custom pricing): Enterprise is designed for large teams and offers unlimited digital business cards.
Beaconstac suits you if you need to add dynamic and visually appealing QR codes to your digital business card.
(Best for Team Digital Business Cards)
Popl is among the best digital business card platforms that combine advanced features with thoughtful design. I found that it allows you to create beautifully-themed and custom-designed cards for you and your team, like the one I created for myself below:
The app (available for Android and iPhone) provides access to powerful contact management and analytics tools. You can track who has looked at your card, where they are located, and how often they view it.
Popl also offers the ability to manage multiple accounts at once and instantly switch between them depending on your needs. In addition, you can integrate Popl with popular platforms like Zapier and HubSpot to enhance efficiency. This allows contacts to be automatically updated after a successful scan of your cards.
Aside from sending your card online, you can get yourself an NFC-embedded Popl product like a metal card or tag, and connect it to your account. During networking, you’ll just tap it on recipients’ phones to instantly share your profile. Also, there are custom PopCodes (advanced QRs on Popl cards and other products) that stay forever!
Check this quick video of how to share a Popl card on iPhone (works on Android too):
Read the full Popl business card review.
- Embed videos
- 1,000+ CRM integrations
- Contact management
- Lead Capture Mode
- Access to analytics
- Advanced QRs called PopCodes
- Automated follow-up that sends an email to your new connections
Popl’s free plan offers basic features while the paid plans unlock more.
- Free ($0/month): 1 unique digital business card
- Pro ($7.99/month): 14-day free trial and 3 unique digital business cards
- Pro+ ($14.99/month): 14-day free trial and unlimited unique digital business cards
- Teams (Dynamic pricing): 30-day free trial and unlimited unique digital business cards and members
Popl is suitable for teams and even individual users that need NFC-enabled products to accompany their digital business cards. You just tap and go!
(Best for Custom Digital Business Cards)
Canva is a graphic design platform that provides a wide range of tools and resources for beginners and established businesses to create professional-looking designs, including virtual business cards. With Canva’s business card maker, you can create a custom business card that speaks highly about your brand.
I even went ahead to create a simple one, as shared below:
Canva is user-friendly and all you need to do is drag and drop elements. You can access a variety of customizations such as templates, images, design elements, icons, and texts.
All these elements allow you to design a proper-looking business card in just a few minutes. You can also upload your own images and logos to further personalize your business cards.
What’s even more, the platform provides different size selections so your business card isn’t only attractive but also functional. Whether you need a business card in portrait, landscape, or square shape, Canva has you covered. The best part is that you can also use Canva to make other different graphics for your website or social media!
- Library with millions of images and elements to design your business card
- Wide variety of customizations
- Ability to print your digital business card onto a paper
- Canva Free ($0/month): Free elements and basic features
- Canva Pro ($54.99/year): Premium elements and other features
- Canva Team ($84.90 a year for the first 5 users)
You can use Canva to create a business card and even add your QR code to it. It’s possible to download the file and even print it. But keep in mind that Canva is a design tool for many other things and thus doesn’t offer digital business card management.
(Best for Offline QR Code Scanning)
Need a contactless business card solution that can help you in prospecting and converting leads into customers? If so, mTap may interest you.
One of the things that make this platform stand out is its available customizable options. You can choose the look of your digital profile from 5 different layouts which combine colors that blend into each other. Besides your basic info, you’re able to include a short bio that will appear alongside your social pages and other links.
I tested mTap’s digital business card creation abilities and here’s the result:
This platform is among the top ones when it comes to ease of sharing. Even when there’s no Internet, people can still scan your digital card and save your details through an offline QR code generated for you.
Similar to the likes of Popl, mTap also offers a variety of NFC-enabled products, including custom cards. What this means is that you can order an mTap card that enables you to share your profile by just tapping it on someone’s phone.
- 4 ways to share, including tapping, scanning, as well as online and offline QR codes
- Multiple digital profiles whereby you can select the primary one that opens up during networking
- Automated follow-up that sends a message or email to your new connections
- Multiple ways to save new mTap contacts, including business card scanning, manual entry, and exporting from mobile contacts
mTap has plans for individuals as well as teams:
- Free ($0/month): Easy profile setup for individuals
- mTap Pro ($4.99/month): Has a 7-day free trial and offers up to 3 profiles
- Business Lite ($3.99/member/month): Has a 15-day free trial and offers company profiles with QR codes
- Business Pro ($9.59/member/month): Has a 30-day free trial and offers unlimited department and group profiles with lead forms and QR codes
mTap is best for users that need more ways to share their card profile, including when or where there’s no Internet.
(Best for Branded Digital Business Cards)
HiHello is a digital business card app that helps professionals create and share custom cards with their new connections on Android, iOS, or computer. The cards can include anything from your name, title, and company logo, to social media links.
What makes HiHello unique is its focus on branding. You can customize your card to best suit your individual or business preferences. Besides your preferred name, you can select your pronouns and applicable accreditations for the card.
The digital card can also contain your picture, a live photo or video, or a company logo. HiHello also offers not just one but several templates that you can use to create cards quickly.
The people you share your contactless card with don’t need to have HiHello. Sharing can be done through a QR code, text, email, social media, or link, among other methods.
As if that’s not enough, HiHello allows you to transform your card into a virtual background with a QR code for online meetings on Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet. Anyone that aims their phone at the code during a call can access your digital business card!
- Branded digital business cards
- Live photos and videos
- Various sharing methods
- Contact management
- Virtual backgrounds
- Email signature linking to your card
HiHello has both a free version with basic features and paid options for you depending on your needs.
- Free ($0/month): This plan is free forever and allows for one user and 4 different digital business cards.
- Professional ($8/month): Professional allows for one user and unlimited digital business cards.
- Business ($6/user/month): The Business plan is for 5+ users and has unlimited digital business cards.
- Enterprise (custom pricing): It’s for 100+ users.
If you need an app that maintains your brand identity, you can opt for HiHello as one of the best ones for that purpose.
6. Mobilo Card
(Best for Switchable Business Cards)
Mobilo Card is a virtual business card maker that works on all modern smartphones. It’s also a platform that provides detailed analytics on who received and viewed your digital cards.
Mobilo Card is ideal for individuals as well as large companies, allowing everyone to track which contacts viewed their paperless cards. So, professionals like sales reps, recruiters, and coaches can use it to stay organized and make sure the right people are seeing their cards.
What makes Mobilo’s digital business cards interesting is that they’re switchable. What this means is that you can switch between four different modes depending on the occasion. These modes are Business Card (shares contact info), Landing Page (business page people can visit), Lead Generation (sends leads to your CRM), and Link to any URL.
For instance, if you’ve moved from meeting a potential business partner to a networking event with prospective clients, you can switch from Business Card to Lead Generation mode.
Mobilo Card Features
- Detailed analytics to know ROI from networking
- 4 switchable business card designs
- CRM integration with 3,000+ platforms
- Unique email signatures
- NFC chip for one-tap contact sharing and QR codes for older phones
Mobilo Card Pricing
Mobilo Card has different digital business card prices for personal use and teams. Personal requires a one-time payment while Teams require an annual fee per employee plus a one-time payment per card.
- Mobilo Branded: $4.99 one-time
- Custom Designed Classic: $19.50 one-time
- Custom Designed Wood: $29.50 one-time
- Custom Designed Metal: $69.50 one-time
- User License: Free
- Mobilo Branded: Not available
- Custom Designed Classic: $10 one-time
- Custom Designed Wood: $20 one-time
- Custom Designed Metal: $50 one-time
- User License: $39 per employee per year
Mobilo Card is for you if you need a digital business card app that allows for quick switching between different profiles.
(Best for NFC Business Cards)
Blinq is a digital business card platform that allows you to customize your digital business cards and even link them with NFC cards. The card you get is dynamic and contains your headshot and logo. You can, at any time, update your card in case new information comes up, like career developments, an updated logo, or something else.
Blinq offers slick design templates that can quickly impress anyone’s eye and make them want to connect more with you. It also allows you to instantly share your cards via QR code, LinkedIn, or email.
The NFC card feature allows you to pair your Blinq digital business card with a physical NFC one. When someone opens your card, they see an option to save your contacts instantly on their Android or iPhone device. No more entering things manually!
Also, Blinq’s memorable feature captures details of when and where you exchanged a digital business card. You can even add some key notes about your new contact or customer for future reference.
- QR-code-powered business card
- NFC cards
- Automatic time and place logging of new contacts
Blinq has a free plan as well as paid subscriptions.
- Free ($0/month): Up to 2 different digital business cards
- Premium ($3.99/month): Has a 7-day free trial and offers up to 5 different digital business cards
- Business ($3.99/card/month): Has a 30-day free trial, 3 card minimum, and offers unlimited digital business cards
- Enterprise (Custom pricing): Bulk card creation
While some other apps also offer NFC products, Blinq offers affordable cards starting at $14. Keep in mind that Blinq doesn’t offer metal cards like the likes of Popl.
8. Haystack Digital Business Cards
(Best for Unlimited Digital Business Cards)
Haystack is a digital business card app that provides a convenient and effective solution for individuals and businesses to promote themselves to potential customers and partners. With Haystack, you’re able to create custom, interactive, and contactless business cards that include links to your social media profiles, websites, and more online content like digital reports.
One of the key benefits of Haystack is that it allows you to make a business card that aligns with your personal or business branding. The platform provides a variety of customizations, including different templates, colors, and fonts. It becomes simple to create business cards that portray your unique style and improve your brand perception.
Haystack also focuses on being user-oriented without any technical difficulties. Creating a business card on the platform is a straightforward process that anyone with a little computer savviness can complete in just a few minutes. As soon as your business card is ready, you can share it via email, text message, or QR code.
Another benefit of Haystack is that usage analytics are accessible to you. You’ll know how many people are viewing and engaging with your business cards. This information can help you measure the effectiveness of your marketing efforts and make improvements as needed.
- Fully-customized card templates
- Hundreds of integrations with CRM and business tools like Hubspot, Mailchimp, and Slack
- Dashboard and analytics to track usage
- For individuals ($0/month)
- For Business ($7.95/month)
- For Enterprises (Custom pricing)
In case you want to create dozens of digital business cards for free, Haystack is what you could go for. Other apps will usually limit you to one or just a few as a non-paying user.
(Best for Business Card Scanning)
Among the list of the top digital business cards for today’s networking is Linq. With this platform, you’re able to create an entirely personalized profile that contains any detail you need to share, including contacts, links, and photos.
The information will go directly to their phone without them needing to be Linq users themselves. This brings me to the different ways you can share your digital Linq card, which are QR codes and NFC technology.
Remember, Linq allows you to create a profile that you can quickly link with a Linq product like a metal card. Someone can either scan your Linq product to view your card profile online or simply tap on it.
- Wide variety of Linq products, such as cards, tags, and bracelets
- 380+ CRM integrations, including Zapier, Zoho, and Salesforce
- Team administration features such as the ability to oversee member profiles and share contacts across all members
- Business card scanner to convert traditional business cards to digital contacts
- Linq Free ($0/month)
- Linq Pro ($6.99/month)
- Linq for Teams (Custom pricing)
Linq’s business card scanning abilities for in-person interactions are not like any other app you may have tried before.
(Best for Video Embeds)
The Switchit Android and iPhone app comes both with powerful features for creating visually appealing digital business cards. You can benefit from Switchit’s virtual cards when it comes to one-on-one connections with people in your workplace or during various events.
Switchit is great for adding videos to your contactless business card. If you’re selling products or services, you get to showcase them and give potential buyers an interactive prepurchase experience virtually.
- Video integration where you can add demos, explainer videos, and promo videos, among others
- Share your card online via messaging or using a QR code
- Scheduler for setting reminders to follow up with potential clients or customers
- Convenient contact manager that allows for calling and texting leads from the Switchit app
- Free ($0/month): 4 digital business cards
- Premium ($6.99/month): Unlimited digital business cards
- Business (Custom pricing): Digital business cards for teams
You need Switchit if you’re running a business or working in a field that involves product demonstrations and other types of video marketing.
11. KADO Networks
(Best for Relationship Management)
You may want a digital business card app that does more for your networking. KADO Networks enables you to close more deals with its relationship management capabilities.
With KADO Network’s easy-to-operate interface, you’re able to capture contacts, import even more, and manage everything in one central place. It doesn’t matter whether you need to build meaningful connections with prospects, partners, or even your colleagues.
KADO Network Features
- Record notes and never forget key details about your prospects
- Connect your calendars, emails, and CRMs
- Access important LinkedIn info of new contacts
KADO Networks Pricing
- Free ($0/month)
- Teams ($3.71/month)
- Business ($7.48/month)
When networking, you’ll mostly want to make sure that you didn’t do it in vain. KADO Networks provide you with a relationship management platform to follow up with leads and turn them into paying customers, clients, or partners.
(Best for Attaching Documents)
If you need another solution for unlimited digital business cards, L-Card is worth your consideration. It enables you to connect and communicate with other professionals and clients while marketing yourself.
With L-card’s digital business card creation abilities, you can have everything you need on the card, including your background, logo, fonts, images, and colors. You get access to a template library with different themes and formats that align with your company’s identity.
You can as well share your calendars, scan paper business cards and save the information, and get a custom QR code for online meetings and banners. L-Card also makes it possible to add your business card to your email signature. As if that’s not enough, you’re able to share videos and attach files to your card.
- Calendar sharing for Calendly, Zoo, Google, and more
- Card scanner that enables you to save contact details from physical cards
- Ability to add personalized messages like taglines, bios, and mission statements
- File attachment capabilities for catalogs, presentations, brochures, and other documents
- Free ($0/month)
- Pro ($5/month)
- Enterprise (Custom pricing)
As someone who needs convenient file sharing, L-Card may interest you. It allows you to add all sorts of files to your card so that your new contacts can see everything in one place.
What to Consider when Choosing a Digital Business Card Solution
When choosing a digital business card, there are several things to keep in mind to ensure that it meets your personal or business needs. Here’s a list of some of the key factors to consider:
- Customizations: You need to look for a digital business card that allows you to customize the appearance and match your brand’s image.
- Ability to carry different information: Make sure the digital business card includes all of your important contact information and extras as well. They include your name, title, company name, phone number, email address, and website.
- Social media integration: It would be best to go with a digital business card that allows you to connect your social media profiles. Having a LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook profile on your card helps you expand your reach as leads can connect with you where they prefer.
- Available sharing options: A digital business card should make it easy for you to share your contact information with others. So, choose one that is shareable in various ways, such as email, text message, and QR code scanning.
- Mobile compatibility: Make sure the digital business card can be viewed on mobile devices. As you may know, many people prefer to access information on their smartphones and tablets.
- Protection: The level of security that a digital business card provider offers matters. You need to be sure that any sensitive information you store on the card is well-preserved.
- Access to analytics: A digital business card that provides analytics and tracking features, such as the number of views, clicks, and shares, is the best. It’s only through tracking and monitoring that you can measure the effectiveness of your networking and lead-generation efforts.
- Cost: While they’re pocket-friendly, your budget will still help you know how much you can invest in digital business cards. Some providers offer free basic plans, while others charge a subscription fee for more advanced features.
What are the Benefits of a Digital Business Card?
Digital business cards provide tons of advantages to businesses and professionals alike. From creating an interactive experience for customers to increasing the response rates from prospects, the benefits are endless. Here are some of the main advantages of using digital business cards:
- Easy accessibility: Digital business cards can be easily shared and accessed from anywhere with just a few clicks. A phone, something that grew to become part of us, is all that’s needed.
- Increased response rates: Digital business cards enable the recipient to directly save your information. It’s unlike paper cards that easily get lost or thrown away, meaning that your new leads are likely to get in touch.
- More reach: By sharing your digital business card on text, social media, or email, you can reach a much larger audience than with paper cards which are more localized.
- Improved engagement: When compared to traditional paper business cards, digital ones allow for more interactive content and can be updated on the go. Recipients can view your photos and videos, open documents, and click on links.
- Cost-effective: Digital business cards are much cheaper than their paper counterparts. They don’t require initial production costs and reprinting costs when your info changes.
- Analytics and tracking: With most digital business card platforms, you can track who has opened your card and gain valuable insights into lead engagement.
- Environmentally friendly: Digital business cards are a more sustainable alternative to the previous paper ones as they don’t require cutting down trees to be availed to you. You design, manage, and share them digitally.
Best Digital Business Cards FAQs
Are digital business cards worth it?
Yes, digital business cards offer numerous advantages over paper ones and can be extremely beneficial for businesses and individual professionals. They have a much higher lead conversion rate than traditional business cards, are more cost-effective, and allow for more interactive content like clickable links, files, and documents.
If you go digital, you’ll be protecting the environment too! All you do is send your card profile through the Web and not have to print anything.
Other than that, you would just need to carry one printed (but digitalized) card that has a QR or NFC technology for scanning or tapping to share your information. No distribution of tens of paper cards!
What is the best way to share a digital business card?
The best way to share your digital business card online is through text, email, and social media. You can also include the digital business card in your email signature or newsletter.
If you’re networking in person, you can best share your card using a QR code (scanning) if it has one on it or NFC technology (tapping). NFC sharing will require you to have an NFC-enabled device or product that’s connected to your profile on a digital business card platform.
Are there any free digital business card platforms?
Yes, some platforms offer free plans for those who want to try out the service before or without investing in it. Popular options include HiHello, Blinq, and Popl.
However, these plans usually come with limited features such as a maximum of one (or a few) digital cards. It’s recommended to invest in a paid plan if you’re looking for more advanced features like tracking, team collaboration, and CRM integrations.
As you’ve seen, digital business cards are an effective tool for individuals and teams to share contact information in a highly efficient, cost-effective, and sustainable manner.
You can use them wherever you are, from the USA and the UK to Australia and India. Whether you choose Beaconstac, Blinq, or Popl, you can rest assured that you’ll have a professional-looking digital business card in no time!
At the end of the day, it’s all about finding the most eligible digital business card app that fits your budget and lead generation needs. So, make sure to compare the features and prices of each digital business card platform I’ve listed before settling on a particular option.